- Enrol your child in summer camp or lessons in their new neighbourhood.
- Play in the playground and go swimming in the pool near the new house.
- Older children can use Google maps to locate parks, movie theatres, malls nearby.
- Use Skype to maintain contact with long distance friends.
- Explore the city and neighbourhood. See Family Guide to Toronto.
Thursday, 28 June 2012
The end of June, when most children can't wait for the holidays, can be a very unhappy time for some kids who are moving in the summer. This may be the last time they will be with their friends. Don't wait for moving day to introduce your child to the new neighbourhood and to new friends. Perhaps the following ideas may help: