A quick property purchase can have unwanted consequences.
To help avoid missteps take a look at the following:
- Look carefully at your own finances and don't underestimate the costs
- Be pre-approved for a mortgage and shop around.
- Really think about where you want to live and factor in costs beyond the housing cost e.g schooling, transportation costs, proximity to amenities.
- Do a home inspection.
- Contact a real estate salesperson to introduce you to neighbourhoods and housing options.
- Have a plan before entering into negotiations.
- Read blogs and web sites about Toronto Real Estate.